Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Mother's Day Week

Mother's Day came after two weeks of stress and frustration building up. I don't even remember what was going on, but I needed a break from EVERYONE and felt guilty wanting to have that on the weekend they want to celebrate me. Funny how that works, isn't it? So I climbed the Incline, feeling energetic and upbeat listening and dancing to "Dear Prudence," and my people cleaned up the house for me.

"Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?
Dear Prudence, meet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue
It's beautiful and so are you,
Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?"




I made it in 1:44 roundtrip, beating my record by a minute. This is my "Holy shit, I did it!" face because I ran so hard to beat that time!


Normally, my post-Incline food is a crepe from Paris Crepes, but sushi was calling me.


"Mom, can I have some of your sushi?" Um...yes. You can eat aaaaaalllll the sushi you want!






"Mom, can I measure this? It's 52 60 pounds!"


Game of Thrones Theme...right before the Mother of Dragons lost her shit on Mother's Day.


I really don't remember why Thora was upset. Probably because I gave her the waffles she asked me to make her for breakfast.


Katie expanded her drink repertoire for me!


And she made a Wonder Woman crown.


Just restringing some long lost crystal friends.


Majestic.


Oh, back to the forest! Such a beautiful blend of trees!






Barefoot, balanced, grounded, breathe it in. Forest bathing is the best!


"Do you believe in fairies? Say quick that you believe. If you believe, clap your hands!"
-J.M. Barrie


Fishing with sticks and paracord we found in our forest backpack.










Oh, yes, he jumped in from the bridge.




Katie is very patient with her mother who lacks hair skills because she feels there are better things to do with her time.


Trampoline lunch picnic!








Thora is amazing. I demonstrated 'E,' 'G,' and 'N' once to her and she nailed it to write my name.




New playground activity we've never done before!




This little path sends thrills of excitement through me!




The kids built a dam.




I got to have Forest Katie's kids for a sleepover so she could go to a bachelorette party. I love these girls!


I was sneaking a bite from my stash when Katie and Amelia found me. So we had a cookie party in my bed and kicked the box! Because why not?


Stella warmed up to me when I fed her pizza and an ice cream sundae. Then we were friends.






Killian is a doll. And the daintiest voice!






Stella started this thing of sneaking extra strawberries and scooping whipped cream straight out of the tub. She's been raised well!


And then we ran out our sugar highs on the playground!











No comments:

Post a Comment