Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Family Reunion 2019

Week after Memorial Day, 2019

Okay, let me preface this by saying that Memorial Day weekend, shit hit the fan (that's all I'm gonna say) and Shad and I decided to get a divorce. It was a very rocky time and the last thing I wanted to do was discuss and debate divorce logistics while the kids and I were visiting my family in Denver. That pissed him off.

* * *

Falling asleep in the car is normal. Sucking her thumb is not. This is how we arrived at Becky's house.


I forgot to pack my teas for Becky's house, so I bought new ones at the grocery store. Got back to her house to find that she doesn't own any mugs because she doesn't drink tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. Wine glass will do! Not that she drinks wine, either...


Thank you, Dove!


And my morning tea.


Yes, the moms were hanging out on their phones, but it was group communication planning activities without kids hearing and interfering. And Katie loves being tickled by cousin Erik.


Amber helping Sam with Minecraft or something.


The upstairs boys hanging out with Minecraft.
{Bode, Zaki, Tommy}


Bode blocks his face, so I had to work to actually get one with him.




Well there's half.


Also normal: Jake was awake and talking to me about music just 30 seconds before this picture.


Pretty, Pretty Princess


Aggravation


Katie learning new tricks from Jen.








Hiking in Foxborough State Park.
























This tree reminds me of the one that disappears in The Illusionist.






















































Sam loved being the hike leader.






Chubby Bunny with grapes.




Jumpoline. This was where Jen and I talked for almost an hour about my freshly decided divorce. She was the only one I told.






Candyland


First Saturday kids' workshop at Home Depot. Did this with my mom before I drove home. We built Father's Day gifts.












Samson ran through the store pretending he was Frozone.


No comments:

Post a Comment