Saturday, July 27, 2019

Skoolie Progress

I hate tinting happy, fun memories with my current state of affairs, but it's hard not to on this one. It's a dead project. I'm selling the bus and going the RV route instead.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Everyone wanted to help with the flooring project we decided to jump into.

Peeling up the previous owners' floorplan tape.


It works best if you hike up your shorts to get the job done.


See?


Thora was in heaven with all the dandelions and wildflowers. I'll be honest, I genuinely LOVE dandelion bouquets! Never cared for any bouquet from a florist (when I worked in the bakery at King Soopers, my friend in the floral department knew just what I thought!), just from a field.


My job was to reassemble the dashboard.


This one is a struggle for me. I'll just copy and paste from what I wrote on Instagram:
"Mmmm, yeah, baby! Flooring, guy, snowcapped mountain...breathe it all in!"




Yeahhhh, I dropped a can of clear coat. That was a pain in the ass to wipe up. With the roll of toilet paper I had in the van.




A wildflower from...okay, at this point I can't remember if it was Katie or Thora. 


Finished!




Yeahhhh...so we still hadn't gotten the keys put on our keyrings, so we had to break in and out.




Thora wanted a picture in her fancy new outfit!


Katie made me breakfast.


We got snow.


A boy was sick. A mom was in a mood slump.


And then the stinking floor pulled apart. Those cracks were not there when we left it on Sunday!


I decided to start swimming laps while the kids were at their swim lessons twice a week with the goal of swimming a mile and then adding in cycling and running and I'd do my own gym triathlon just for me. I got up to 1/2 mile at one point...that's as much as there's time to do during their lessons. But this day of swimming was 1/3 of a mile and it kicked my ass for some reason. I felt like death when I got out and it took me a good long while to recover. But then I remembered, "What do we say to the God of Death?" Not today.


And then the next day, my yoga instructor's sub didn't show up, so I stepped up. No music, no experience teaching, just my 30-minute post-natal DVD routine memorized in my head. The rest agreed that some yoga was better than no yoga.


No comments:

Post a Comment