Thursday, July 11, 2019

April

Thora finished a level of ABC Mouse, so she got to pick a parent date! Mimi's Cafe is always a favorite of hers, and she chose to have me take her there for breakfast. She loved talking to the two ladies in the background, neighbors on a breakfast away from their kids. She and I had some interesting and fun conversations...I don't remember anything but, "Mom, let's not be rich." "Did you just say, 'Let's not be rich?'" "Yeah, because then we would be mad at people."


Okay, girl. Let's not be rich.


And then we went to Sprouts and Lori thought the above conversation was too grown up and lamented that Thora isn't her baby girl anymore. She said Thora needs to stop growing up. Thora didn't appreciate that.


We got hit with another snow storm and then driving to swim lessons, Katie and I both saw this view and were shocked because we've never seen this mountain range so covered! This is one of my favorite views in the city!


I love how his face looks when he's freshly awake and wants to cuddle his momma!


I equally love how peacefully he falls asleep in the van after whatever awesome activity it was that expended his energy.


Oh, goodness. It feels weird to blog about the bus stuff here, but it is part of our timeline and story. So this is when we successfully found a place to park our bus at my friend Amy's house. And then when we actually brought our bus over, the driveway was too steep and we couldn't get the bus up. So, fail.


Floor plan ideas. Sketching was fun in the evenings.






At the ERC:

Katie isn't always a builder, but when she is, she loves it!


"Vroooooooooom!"


"I can't get the lungs back in!"


This girl hiked the Incline with me and we had a blast!


At the bailout point, 2/3 up. Shortly after this, she said she wished we had gone down then. I corrected her, "No, you don't. You wanna know why? Because you can do this and then you're gonna be able to tell everyone how awesome you are for doing this hard thing." She giggled, knowing I'm right.


I stopped us about every 15 minutes so I could reapply sunscreen. Do you know how annoying and excessive that is? Oh, my chest, face, arms, and legs were fine and I didn't even bother with those. But the top of my back still burned. What the hell?! I can't win.


WOOOOOOOOT!!!


And we finished! She did great running down the trail...could have something to do with her being competitive with Tommy and wanting to do something he didn't. Hahaha!


Katie knows that the past few times I've climbed the Incline, I've ended with a crepe from Paris Crepes. So, we stopped in Manitou Springs to get her French treat. She's a big fan of snakes (owning up to her Slytherin sort) and wanted a picture with this light bulb sculpture that looks like it has a snake inside.


A seven-year-old girl who loves Fancy Nancy could not be more excited to finally get to eat at Paris Crepes!


And we found a place we can actually park our bus!


Two layers of sunburn. One from the zoo, one from the Incline. Ridiculous.


More floor plan sketches!










This lady! She and her husband David and fabulous little babe Mae moved back to Denver from their stint in Portland and she asked on Facebook if anyone would be able to help them move in on a Tuesday. Do you know how much I love being a stay-at-home homeschooling mom with complete control of her schedule and flexibility?! Enough to drive from Colorado Springs to Denver, drop my kids off at my mom's house for a Grandma day, and go help Justine get settled into her new home. We haven't seen each other since high school and it was fantastic!


And then we drove home and Thora and I raced to my bedroom to shut ourselves in from everyone else (namely Samson) and watch Ant-Man and the Wasp, her current favorite flick on Netflix. I only look slightly crazy from that run up the stairs to beat a three-year-old chasing me.


Mmmmmmm, bunny cuddles! Jumping up on the couch to cuddle me was a new thing here.


I really love my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment