Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Playful December

"Look at me! I'm the king!"


Cooking dinner with Sam.


We went through several weeks where the song "Breakfast at Tiffany's" was the best thing ever. Sam's new favorite song. Then I said to the kids, "You know, this song is about a movie that I have..." And we decided that we needed to watch it. So I cooked German pancakes and we ate breakfast while watching the movie. Not two minutes into the movie, Sam turned over to me and asked, "Where's my song?" I explained that the movie does not have his song...his finished his breakfast fast and left to play. Thora joined him. Katie, however, fell in love with Holly Golightly. She dressed like her to the best of her ability and we had a fun little photo shoot, complete with chopstick as cigarette holder.




















Volleyball ran short one night, but Bill brought his hoverboard. Took me a few minutes to figure out the art of it, but then I had loads of fun playing.






Thora finished a level on ABC Mouse and wanted a date with Shad to Mimi's Café.




We went on a date to Mod Pizza, followed by spontaneous miniature golf when we saw it on our way to Gamer's Haven.


Katie is a creative hair stylist and Thora loves it.




"Look at me snap!"


Having experienced the freedom of mobility for a while, stability has become even more difficult and stifling to me. While listening to In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, my ears perked up at a poem:

The Men That Don't Fit In by Robert W. Service

There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will.
They range the field and they rove the flood,
    And they climb the mountain's crest;
Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood,
    And they don't know how to rest.

If they just went straight they might go far;
    They are strong and brave and true;
But they're always tired of the things that are,
    And they want the strange and new.

My Viking blood gives me intense wanderlust.




No comments:

Post a Comment