Thursday, June 16, 2016

Chia Overnight Oatmeal

Overnight oatmeal is such a quick, easy meal to mix together the night before. I love this one for myself because of the chia seeds. The texture is weird to my kids, and they prefer their applesauce oatmeal.

Chia Oatmeal 
 

 Ingredients:

 1/4 cup milk 
 1/4 cup yogurt 
 1/3 cup oats
 2 teaspoons chia seeds 
 1 teaspoon honey
  2 T fruit

 I do 12 times the recipe when I mix mine up. So that math comes to:
 3 cups milk (or 3 cups water plus half cup powdered milk)
 3 cups yogurt
4 cups oats 
 1/2 cup of chia seeds 
 1/4 cup honey 
 1-12 ounce bag frozen fruit

Mix everything together in an airtight container. Put it in the fridge overnight. The oats will absorb the liquid and be soft and edible in the morning. You can eat it cold but I prefer mine warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment