Friday, June 17, 2016

Breastfeeding Wardrobe

I didn't even think about this as a post topic until a couple weeks ago, talking to my husband's cousin in Utah. She and I were both breastfeeding our babies and she made the comment that she doesn't know how I can do it the way I do. I asked her what she meant. She explained that when she pulls a shirt up to feed her son, it leaves her back exposed, which is why she sewed her own special feeding cover. 

So here it is, my method of dressing to stay covered: I discovered crop tops.

It started with a white modal halftee from halftee.com. But when I wanted to order more, I couldn't get the customer service I needed, so I found crop tops on Amazon. Now I've got black, gray, teal and coral to go with my original white halftee. Dressing is relatively simple--I just make sure that my outer shirt is one that allows me to get a boob out of the top. Then I just need to pull the crop top up, the outer shirt down, and baby and I are good to go.










When I first tried the halftee while breastfeeding my last baby, it was uncomfortable. Not the halftee itself, but combined with a nursing bra and the extra weight of breastfeeding, I had such shoulder and back aches and pains. This time around, I've got a confession--I don't wear a bra. The crop tops provide enough coverage and support, and it is so comfortable! Also, much easier than having to work clasps with one hand and while holding a wiggly baby in the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment