Friday, May 13, 2016

Animal Game

We started a fun game to burn off some energy on inside days. All of my (mobile) kids love to play. It's an easy thing for me to do when I'm breastfeeding my youngest, or cleaning up the table after breakfast. It's especially great on days when their energy levels are overwhelming and I'm getting overstimulated.

The game is simple: I call out an animal, and the kids cross from one side of the living room to the other and back, acting like that animal. Favorites include horse (Dancy loves to gallop and say, "Giddyup!"), fairies (Tinkerbell is all the rage in this house), and roly poly. I like to rotate between hopping, crawling, running and flying animals. Or on days that they seem extra energetic, I go through a lot of running animals.


They love the game and it's a great way to get them exercise so they'll actually nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment